Coconut Frosted Matcha Cake
Want to have you cake and to eat it too?? Delicious Matcha Coconut Cake?
Well you can't, but do you really want to have a cake to look at and hold...no! You want to eat it babe!! I know that you do.
Eat the cake, use the fancy silver wear and put on your prettiest bra every damn day!!
This gorgeous recipe for Matcha cake with coconut frosting is Nude and Luxurious, so you can enjoy it often.
2 cups all purpose flour (sub. 1:1 gluten-free flour if needed)
2 tbsp matcha powder
2.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup coconut cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened nondairy milk
1/4 cup coconut milk
5 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
2 1/2 - 3 cups confectioner's sugar (try monk-fruit confectioner's sugar for a healthier option)
2 tablespoons coconut cream or coconut milk solids
1/2 teaspoons vanilla shredded coconut for topping
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 degrees C.
2. Add the apple cider vinegar to your nondairy milk, letting it curdle for about 5 minutes -- it will separate, but just whisk it back together when you're ready to use it.
3. Prepare your loaf pan. Take a piece of parchment paper and line the longer end of the inside of the pan, leaving tabs sticking up.
4. Cream together the sugar and coconut cream with a hand mixer or a stand mixer. You can also just use a wooden spoon, but it is easier with a mixer.
5. Add the non dairy milk and apple cider vinegar mixer now.
6. Now add the dry ingredients: sifted flour, baking powder, salt, and matcha powder. Stir until everything is just combined and transfer your batter into your loaf tin.
7. Bake for 50 - 55 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 177 degrees Celsius, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for about 10 minutes, then run a butter knife around the inside edges of the pan. Carefully flip the cake upside down onto a cooling rack. Once outside the pan, flip it once more so it's right side up and let it cool completely before frosting.
1. For the frosting, cream the coconut oil with an electric mixer.
2. Carefully add in the confectioner's sugar, coconut cream, and vanilla until combined. Add more sugar if needed.
3. Mix on medium until frosting is smooth yet fluffy.
4. After the cake has completely cooled, swirl on the coconut frosting and sprinkle with shredded coconut, if desired.